• Signs are retroreflective. A light beam striking the sign is returned in the same direction as the point of origin. The DOT mandates that parking lots accessible to the public (which includes most lots) use reflective signs.
• Carries 3M's warranty for traffic signs.
• Signs are printed with 3M screen printing or 3M outdoor digital inks designed specifically for outdoor traffic and parking signs. Unlike competitive signs, these signs are proven to last outside and use 3M matching ink and film components throughout.
• Municipal-grade signs are use by countless agencies, governments and schools across the US. Sheeting meets the standard DOT specifications for construction of Roads and Bridges on Federal Highway Prjoects FP-85 for Sheeting Type II, Class 1 or 2 and the GSA LS-300C Class 1 or 2. The base material for these signs is a 63 mil thick non-rusting aluminum that will tolerate the abuses of prolonged outdoor exposure from wind and weather. 63 mil thick signs are the standard for state and local governments for parking signs and represent over 95% of the market.
• Signs have rounded corners (for easy handling and a professional appearance) and prepunched/precleared holes (for hassle-free installation).
• In a workplace setting, these signs are ideal for emergency shut-offs and evacuation marking.