We do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it to us. If during your visit to one of our websites you complete a form, send an e-mail, or perform some other transaction, this website may collect your name, company name, business address, business e-mail address, business phone number, business fax number, job title, industry sector, and/or credit card information.
To protect credit card numbers, we outsource this information to a certified payment processor via a hosted payment page on our website in accordance with PCI DSS regulations. The provider returns the credit card number to us as a token. We do not see, process or store customers' raw credit card information in any of our systems or databases. We are PCI compliant and attest to such via an annual SAQ-D and quarterly vulnerability scans performed by and attested to by an outside agency.
Please note that there are instances where we share your volunteered information with third parties in order to fulfill your request.
We, like many companies that provide products and services to customers, may employ other companies and individuals to perform specific functions on our behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to: manufacturing and/or fulfilling orders; delivery of packages, mail, and e-mail; address hygiene; credit card processing services; research that improves the quality of services or offers provided to you, including customer satisfaction surveys; or performing a credit check as part of your order. These providers have access to the information that they require to perform their functions but are strictly forbidden from using it for any other purposes. You may, however, "opt-out" of this use of your volunteered information at any time, but doing so may impair our ability to provide you with proper service and to process your orders.
Our servers automatically log some information that comes from you, like which browser you are using, your IP address, what IP address you came to SmartSign from, and how you navigate within our site. This information cannot be used to identify you personally, but it helps us to determine if someone else is accessing your account without authorization.
We also track your usage history, such as your search history and which content you have accessed. This history lets you easily backtrack to a location you’ve previously visited.
If you receive emails from us, we use web beacon technology to track whether you have clicked on individual email advertisements.
We may use your personal information to personalize your profile, maintain the SmartSign family of sites, make improvements to the site, and to communicate with you. We will share your personal information with third parties only under the following conditions:
- To provide products or services you have requested. Among other things, this includes order confirmations, invoices, and customer service communications.
- For marketing purposes, like to send you catalogues or marketing emails. SmartSign may share your name and physical address but no other personally identifiable information with our third-party affiliates, to distribute third-party catalogues that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of this sharing on the My Account page.
- When disclosure is required by law. For instance, we will disclose your personal information if we receive a court order instructing us to turn over data. We do not give your data to law enforcement unless they present us with a court order.
- To investigate suspected fraud, illegal activities, threats to any person, or violations of our Terms and Conditions.
- When we hire contractors to perform services for us. This includes companies that do payment processing, order fulfilment, catalogue printing and marketing for us. For instance, if you check out through PayPal or Amazon, we submit your personal information to them.
- If you donate to any of SmartSign’s charity partners at checkout, SmartSign will give that charity partner your contact information if you choose to receive SmartSign emails.
- If SmartSign is purchased by or merged with another company. We will provide you with reasonable notice if that happens by updating this page.
If you do not want to us to share your personal information with our partners, receive catalogues, or marketing emails, you can unsubscribe at the My Account page. Even if you do opt out, we may still use your personal information to communicate with you regarding your account, fulfil your orders, or if required by law.
To deactivate your account, please email [email protected] or call us at 800-952-1457.
You have the choice to share your personal data with us. You also have the right to request us to rectify or erase your personal data as far as this does not interfere with the execution of any contractual obligations. You acknowledge that a refusal to share data or a request to erase these data will make the delivery of certain services and/or products impossible. You can also request the processing of your personal data to be restricted.
You also have the right to object to the use of your personal data for purposes of direct marketing.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us in the following ways:
Phone : +1 (800) 952-1457 or +1 (718) 797-1900
Fax : +1 (718) 504-4448
E-mail : [email protected]
Mail : 300 Cadman Plaza West, Suite 1303, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Website : via the "Contact Us" link
The personal information you provide us, including your payment information, is stored on access-controlled, secure servers, and the people who work on SmartSign data are all required to keep your information confidential and secure. All data you submit to SmartSign is encrypted and stored in PCI-compliant data centers. In the event a security breach happens, we will promptly inform you.
We do not collect information from anyone that we know is a minor under 18. If we become aware that you are a minor under 18, your account is subject to cancellation and your data is subject to deletion.
When you cancel your account, your data will be deleted automatically within 30 days.
We will store and process your personal data during the period necessary depending on the purposes of the processing, the contractual relationship between us and to comply with record retention laws and regulations.